Thursday, June 24, 2010

Judah at 10 Months

Our little Judah is such a joy to be around. I know, I'm his mommy so I'm probably a little biased, but he is always so happy and ready to laugh or smile at anyone!

He seems to have a determination to get moving. When I watch him it seems like he has a goal and works and works on it until it is accomplished! When he started crawling, he would tirelessly work on it until he figured it out. The same thing with sitting up and now walking. It's almost like he "practices".

He cut 5 teeth within about 2 weeks. Now that sixth, odd tooth has taken about two months to come in. You would never know he was teething, though. Only when the tooth actually pokes through, he wakes up screaming for a few seconds in the middle of the night. I usually give him a teething tablet and his pacifier, and he goes right back into dreamland. It's wonderful. Of course, now that I've said this he will probably be miserable with the rest of his coming teeth!

He is pretty mild in his eating. He never really wanted anything except for his bottle until he started getting in some teeth. The poor child hasn't gotten much variety into his diet yet though, because his mommy has been too sick to make much homemade baby food. He eats lots of bananas and rice cereal. Sometimes we mash up what we're having for supper, and sometimes I'll cook him some carrots and/or potatoes.

He can say "mama" and "dada" and more importantly, he knows who is who! He is starting to try to copy things that we might say, of course, when he does it doesn't sound anything like what we said, but at least he's trying! His absolute favorite thing to say--he walks around all day long saying it--is "rar, rar, rar" over and over.

His favorite place to be is outside. Anytime the front or back door is opened he hears it and goes as fast as he can to 'escape'. When he is outside he tries to get in the dirt and rocks. He enjoys digging with a spoon in the dirt and tasting anything that escapes my notice. If he stays on the porch we have to keep him away from the dog food bowl as he really enjoys trying new things! This is probably my fault since I don't feed him enough variety! :-)

I thought you would enjoy seeing a short video of him just playing around this morning. I had to cut it short though as at the very end he discovered my cell phone. I didn't want him to drop it on the floor and break it!

video

3 comments:

  1. Awww... He is such a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so busy! You have got your hands full. He reminds me a lot of his daddy years ago. I cry every time I see these videos.
    Hugs and Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esther, he truly is a sweet-heart! We enjoy seeing his bright smiles in church :)

    ReplyDelete