Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy Birthday to Jeremy!

Yesterday was Jeremy's birthday! I tried my best to make it special for him although I still have a hard time finding good gifts here in Brazil.

He's such a wonderful man and I'm so blessed to have him as my husband!

Like I said in the last post, every Monday night we have some kids over to our house to pray, sing, and play games. I figured since it was Jeremy's birthday I would just have a mini-party for everyone that came to the prayer meeting.

I made a cookie cake (if you know Jeremy very well, you know chocolate chips are his favorite!) and asked Lawanda to decorate it some for me!
I learned how to sing "Happy Birthday" in Portuguese just for his party last night...I know, I probably should have taken time to do this about six months ago since we sing it so often! But now I've got it down!

My handsome birthday boy!
Jeremy and Bethany enjoying the birthday cake!
Some of the party guests.
More party guests.
Even more party guests!
It was short, sweet, and simple, but we enjoyed ourselves.

Jeremy has been such a wonderful help through all that we have been through since arriving in Brazil. He has helped so much in keeping the house clean and with the kids when I couldn't handle things on my own.

I'm so thankful for the sensitivity he has toward the Lord's leading in his life and the way he guides our family. He is such a godly example and a hard worker. Our language teacher told me today that Jeremy isn't satisfied to learn Portuguese at a "normal rate". He is really working hard at learning it fast and well!

Happy Birthday, Jeremy! May God give you a wonderful 28th year of life!

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Jeremy. Esther, what sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't expect any less from Jeremy. He is a wonderful guy, and I'm glad he got such a good wife too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to know about this birthday party and hope you had good time. I am planning to arrange my dad’s birthday and searching for best San Francisco event venues. Got to know about some good venues and planning to hire the right one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to know about this birthday party and hope you had good time. I am planning to arrange my dad’s birthday and searching for best San Francisco event venues. Got to know about some good venues and planning to hire the right one soon.

    ReplyDelete