Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bethany's Birthday

It's been over a week since we celebrated Bethany's birthday. Usually one would say "I can't believe she's already 3 years old!", but with Bethany it seems like she's been 2 for at least two years!

We had a small party with some friends from the church to celebrate. When I asked Bethany what kind of birthday party she wanted she promptly replied "PINK"! Hey, I thought Allie was my "pink" girl! I guess most little girls like pink. So, that's what we did. For the first time ever, I decorated a cake... very simple, but pink!
My friend, Jessica Duarte, took some good pictures of Bethany on her birthday, I just thought you'd like to take a peek.


We played "Drop the Clothespin in the Bucket". I know, very interesting, but for a three year old party it just fit.
We enjoyed some fellowship.
Bethany enjoyed her cake!
She blew the candles out beautifully!
Bethany thoroughly enjoyed opening her presents! While she was opening her presents she kept talking baby talk. When asked after the party why she was talking like that she responded, "I was trying to talk in Portuguese!"
I'm thankful for sweet friends to help celebrate my little Bethany's birthday! She's growing up so quickly. Every day she reminds me of that by saying "I can do ....(you fill in the blanks).... because I'm a big girl now!".

Time really does go by too quickly. Before I realize what is happening I have another little girl instead of a toddler. Just because I like to reminisce a little I thought I would include some pictures of Bethany of years gone by...

Newborn
1 week old
2 months old
3 months old
4 months old

5 months old
6 months old
10 months old











Okay, maybe I overdid it just a little on the reminiscing part, but I enjoyed going through the pictures so much! This little girl definitely keeps us on our toes...and on our knees! We're often praying for wisdom when dealing with her. She has a strong will and a sharp mind, and we pray that she will be saved soon and even at a young age allow the LORD to use her.

If you just happen to want to see some more pictures of our Bethany that our friend Omar took go here.

If you want to see some cute videos of Bethany go here and here. And I'm sure there's lots more on these blogs somewhere if you just wanted to reminisce a little more along with me! :)

2 comments:

  1. Very Cute Pictures! And the cake was beautiful as well. God Bless,
    Deanna Clopper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, our sweet, comical, beautiful, little Bethany, growing up so fast! Love you all so much and miss you too.

    ReplyDelete