Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday Morning Surprise!

Saturday morning about 9:00 Jeremy sent the kids and I into the back room to read books. Someone was bringing a surprise to our house for us. What could it be??? As we read books we didn't hear a thing that was going on inside the house. Which is quite unusual since our house is so tiny and echos quite well. :)

We waited patiently reading and playing, and then Jeremy said we could come out. And what, to our surprise, was awaiting us? This wonderful, beautiful digital piano!
I was so excited! I still get butterflies in my tummy when I think about it. I knew we were going to get one..eventually, but I had no idea it would be now. I thought the soonest would be two or three months from now.

So, you can only guess what my day was like yesterday. I sat at the piano every free moment I had. I have missed it so much! My kids are loving it too. I can't wait to start teaching them how to play. The girls want to learn so badly!

Since yesterday was consumed with playing the piano at every opportunity, you can only guess what today will consist of... dishes! :) Just don't tell anyone that I didn't wash any yesterday...it will be our little secret. :)

Of course, I am convinced that the best by far would be to have a traditional piano, but it seemed a little unreasonable here in our part of Brazil. Just for your information here are some of our reasons for this:

1.There is no central heating and air and the piano would need tuning several times a year. From what we have heard it is very expensive to get a piano tuned here. I think that it is important for my children to learn to play and sing from a tuned piano.

2. Our house is tiny...very tiny. :) It also doesn't have carpet, the walls are concrete and the floors are tile. Noise bounces and echos. It can get VERY loud in our tiny little house. It is nice to be able to turn the volume down on the piano or put headphones on...especially when little ones are practicing. :)

3. Our neighbors all live very close to us--we can hear them talking at times since we share a wall. And we want to stay on friendly terms with them. :)

4. I 'think' in the future I would like to do some music arranging for choirs and such, and think that a digital piano can be a great aid in this.

I am so thankful for my wonderful husband who has sacrificed much to give this to our family! I also thank the LORD who provides our every need! I am so blessed!

Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; AND WITH MY SONG will I praise him.

4 comments:

  1. Awww that is amazing! I'm so happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited for you when I saw the piano being carried in :) I know you'll enjoy having it! I am very happy for you...maybe sometime I can come over and you can give me some tips :)

    Enjoy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Exciting! Enjoy and God Bless,
    Deanna Clopper

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing! I am speechless!

    Funny how I am learning things about you NOW that we are in the same big country vs. knowing so little when we were in a very small school together for several years...I didn't even know you played the piano :)

    I am sure your home (and heart) is filled with songs of praise to our Lord and Saviour.

    Psalms 118:23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.

    ReplyDelete