Thank you so much for your continued prayers. God is good.
Dear Friends and Family,
We just arrived at home from seeing the doctor, and we are encouraged. The ulcers are beginning to heal, and the doctor was glad not to have to prescribe a stronger drug. For now, Esther has to continue staying away from possible sources of infection as she continues the extra high dosage of steroid treatment. The doctor said if the ulcers continue to heal well, it should take 6 weeks or so. Then he said that after most of the healing has taken place, we may need to consider a skin graft for complete healing on the largest ulcer, as all the layers of skin have been destroyed. The Lord has answered our prayers of giving Esther good sleep even though taking so much prednisone. Good rest always brings more strength! We are very thankful to all of you for your prayers and ask you to continue.
1. Pray for Esther to sleep well as prednisone tends to make one sleepless.
2. Pray that the ulcers will heal quickly with the prednisone as it is very dangerous to use long term at such high dosages.
3. Pray that she will not catch a secondary infection.
4. Pray that God will exercise his power over the medicine and all of the secondary problems that it can bring.
5. Pray for complete healing and physical strength as this past year and its physical struggles has left Esther quite weak.
6. Pray for wisdom in each decision that must be made over these next days and weeks.
With Grateful Hearts,
Jeremy and Esther Lockhart