Saturday, May 7, 2011

Recent Happenings

Just thought I'd share a few updates about some of the things that have been going on around here.

Remember when I blogged a few weeks ago about the Schrock family and their visas? Well, they were approved shortly after I posted that, and now we only have TWELVE more days until they arrive! We are counting down the days! We are all so excited!

My ulcers on my legs are all healing very well. The smaller ones are basically better and the largest one is healing better than the doctor expected. He said at the last appointment that it looks like a skin graft will not be necessary.

I had started out with 120mg of prednisone and am now down to 40mg. I have gained a little bit of weight from it and my face is still swollen, but I am feeling really well. It's okay, I've always wondered what I'd look like with a little bit of weight on me, and plus everyone here tells me how "beautiful" I look--they all thought I was waaay too skinny before. :-)

I also am able to get out of the house again since I am on a "normal" dosage of prednisone! Last Sunday was my first time in church for almost two months, and I was able to go grocery shopping last week. I don't think I've ever enjoyed the grocery store so much! :-)

Jeremy has been spoiling me a little bit by taking me shopping just to get out of the house some. It's so much fun to be getting back to normal...whatever that is. :-)

I made some brownies last night and put a cookie sheet underneath the pan while they baked, and guess what, they turned out perfect! Yay!!! Thanks for the tips! Hopefully, it will work just as well every time!

I spotted some little girls sleeping like this the other night and thought it was so sweet. I love to watch my kids sleep...so peaceful.
I also spotted Judah walking around in daddy's shoes last night. Doesn't everyone have to get a picture like this sometime?
These kids were peeking in our gate this morning at Allie and Bethany playing in the yard. We invited them in to play too. We had such fun!
This little girl is growing up way too fast! I think she's beautiful...don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment