Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Judah Is Two Years Old!

Sunday was Judah's birthday.  I can't believe he's already two!  I know, I know that's very cliché, but still... I can't believe he's two!

We kept things simple.  We invited the Schrocks for Sunday lunch and afterwards ate cake.  I'm not a cake decorator.  I do the best I can.  I really like to use candy and stuff to try and cover for my terrible decorating skills.  

As I was frosting this cake at midnight on Saturday night {really--that's what mommies do sometimes} the frosting was just kind of sliding off.  It was really still that hot in my house!  That's okay though.  I crushed some {pseudo} oreo cookies to cover the sides, and thought the top had some 'character'.    At least Judah liked it!

He looks like a pretty happy two year old...don't you think?

I thought it would be great fun to have some sparkle candles, but of course they didn't light right away, and I didn't think about him not being able to blow them out.  {I guess that's where the blonde in me shows though. }

Judah liked the sparks at first, but then decided they were a little bit too much for him.

Bethany was mesmerized...

And then we all sang "Happy Birthday" to him.  And since he mostly hears it in Portuguese he thinks everyone should clap as they sing.

He was also showing off his shirt all morning in Sunday School.  He was very proud of it!

And I bet you can't guess what he has been doing nonstop since he received his birthday present...

He absolutely LOVES it.  For the past few months he has been "riding" anything he can find.  We 'had' a little toy ironing board for the girls, and he would flip it over and "ride" it {until he broke it--and no we didn't 'let' him do that, but not all children are perfectly obedient all the time just in case you weren't sure }.

Pawpaw and Grandma heard about the ironing board dilemma, and wanted to give him a tricycle... and we are all very thankful! 
He had a fun day and thoroughly enjoyed being "Birthday Boy" for the day!

I am thoroughly enjoying my sweet little boy.  I realized the other day that he is the first two year old I've had without having a newborn.

I realize that I promised to tell you what we all have been up to, and I only have written about Jeremy and me.  I know you are all waiting with bated breath to hear about the kids.  Some day.  Maybe this week.  We'll see.  

4 comments:

  1. Love your new header! I stole it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That header is adorable. And Judah looks like he had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looked very nice, and I love the header too :) You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister and I thought the cake was really
    great! You can't go wrong with Oreo Cookies! Looks like he had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete