Thursday, September 15, 2011

Grandma is with Jesus

About seven months ago I asked you to pray for my grandma when we found out she had lung cancer. She had contracted pneumonia a couple of weeks ago and everyone thought she was recovering, but today she is looking into the face of Jesus.

Please pray for my grandpa, my parents, and the rest of the family.  


Ever since I heard of her passing this song has been running through my head:

Heaven seems a little sweeter when I think of whom I'll meet,
What a glorious reunion that will be.
But far more than this reunion is the precious, blessed truth
Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior I shall see.

I'm so thankful that although I am far away I do not have to mourn as others that have no hope, but I know that one day we can worship at the feet of Jesus together.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so so sorry for your loss! I know it must be hard for you being so far away from your family right now! We'll be praying for peace & comfort for all of you...(HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther, we are sorry for your loss and know is must be hard to be away. And yes, heaven does sound a little sweeter day by day. I often think of our loved ones who are now in heaven and also think how neat it is that our families have met there and that we too will one day be united with them. I love to hear Doc sing Just think of stepping on shore and finding it heaven, of touching a hand and finding it God's, of breathing new air and finding it celestial, of waking up in glory and finding it home. First time I heard that song was when my daddy went to heaven. It brings chills every time I hear it. Praise God, we will all be together in glory one day! Love you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you today, dear friend, and for your family. I know how that can be tough being so far away. Been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear this! Praying that the Father of all Comforts will give your family peace in spite of the tears. Looking unto our blessed Lord's return has new meaning when we know we have dear ones waiting for us! Praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete